We seek to help channel the power of business to transform communities and preserve the environment.
We aspire to make a significant contribution to the development and application of the law and best practice in the areas of business and human rights and sustainability; and ensure the sustainable growth of our business and team.
We practice what we preach. We are passionate about the principles that sustainability is built on: environmental stewardship, social inclusion, financial responsibility and reward.
We aim to be flexible and friendly in the way that we work with our clients. Our approach is to find solutions that fit a company’s culture and add value to the business, whilst helping clients to make better commercial decisions that save costs.
Our Commitment and Scope
CLT envirolaw is a small business, but we strongly believe that every business, no matter how big or small, and the individuals behind it have the responsibility to make the positive difference that they can. Our recognition of our environmental, social and economic responsibility includes working within the law and voluntarily exceeding legal requirements in order to be innovative and demonstrate leadership on the issues that are important to us and our stakeholders.
Reducing our Negative Impacts:
CLT envirolaw endeavours to reduce its negative impact on our planet by:
- having CLT envirolaw personnel and consultants work from home as much as possible
- switching off computers, printers and other electronic equipment when not in use
- arranging meetings via teleconference instead of having in-person meetings whenever possible
- travelling by public transport or walking whenever possible
- using recycled paper, keeping printing to the minimum necessary and using print friendly functions to reduce the number of pages used
- consuming responsibly sourced coffee and tea
- reducing waste by consuming fresh produce using minimum packaging, separating waste and recycling
- being aware of our water use
CLT envirolaw is committed to:
- treating anyone associated with the company fairly and equally
- developing the talents of young people by providing opportunities to gain work experience, for example, through our active summer internship programme
- educating individuals and companies on best practice, respect for the environment, and respect for men, women, and children
CLT envirolaw is a supporter of numerous worthy causes that align with our Vision. We are especially committed to:
- putting our time and skills to voluntary work to help raise awareness of business and human rights issues, and in particular human trafficking in the supply chain by working with various charities and organisations promoting anti human trafficking and modern slavery
- putting our time and skills to voluntary work to help raise awareness of sustainable sports, in particular through our involvement with the British Association for Sustainable Sport
Finally, we aim to be responsible with our business turnover to ensure the sustainability of the business in the longer term.
The policy was developed in consultation with stakeholders is communicated to each member of the team at CLT envirolaw. The team reviews the policy annually to align with our business objectives.
CLT envirolaw welcomes feedback. Please refer your comments to Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to review and update this policy by latest 23 May 2016.
Director, CLT envirolaw
Date: 2 June , 2015