BUSINESS AND HUMAN RIGHTS – POLICY, DUE DILIGENCE AND COMPLIANCE
Following the development of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs), businesses can no longer turn a blind eye to human rights impacts arising from their operations.
These Guiding Principles encourage companies to develop a human rights policy statement and due diligence procedures. Human Rights in business is fast emerging as a growing area, where businesses must become compliant and manage their legal and reputational risks.
BUSINESS AND LEGAL RISK
Human Rights in business is a growing area. Compliance is crucial for business sectors. Businesses have to manage their legal and reputational risk in relation to human rights issues.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Practical and strategic advice to business and public sector organisations on how to understand and manage their human rights issues
- Bespoke training to directors and management on human rights issues, and their legal and moral responsibilities
- Supporting business to embed the commitments in their human rights policies and meet strategic objectives
- Developing human rights policies and due diligence processes, including checklists to be used in M&A, JVs or when entering a new market, mapping human rights impacts
- Linking human rights to procurement and codes of conduct
- Helping reshape the CSR function within business to meet new human rights challenges
- Identifying relevant key performance indicators for human rights reporting
- Providing briefing sessions on the UNGPs to directors and HR teams
- Building capacity with lawyers and in-house counsel